Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bellamie Boo Basic Swinging Dress


I adore the rockabilly style so when I was chosen to test the Bellamie Boo Basic Swinging dress for my daughter, I was elated. This pattern is great for someone who has some sewing confidence as you will be working with gathering in the skirt and shirring in the back. Sadly I don't have any pics of my back shirring. I'll have to remember to get some and add them later.


This dress is perfect for your sassy girl. But it also comes in ladies sizes too and it is one I definitely want to make for myself in the future. One thing I will mention, when sewing the little collar bit, I sewed it down all the way around. I as well as many of the ladies in my test group were having problems with it sticking up. Since it does not have a real function, I felt that tacking it down all around was ok.



This lovely little frock does feature a tie halter, but I have been thinking of making one with an elastic band so my daughter can get it on and off by herself. If I do, I will post a tutorial as to what I did!

-xoxo Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment